The 2nd MUSIQ week was originally planned to be a face-to-face event in June 2020. Due to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic, the school was organised online and held earlier to keep the ESRs engaged during the period where access to the various research labs was restricted. The 2nd School “Nano-Plasmonics and applications” organised by our MUSIQ partner, ICFO, from 28th April – 7th May 2020 in six half day sessions and lecture topics related to the subject.
- Diffraction limited fluorescence microscopy and super-resolution approaches – Maria Garcia-Parajo (ICFO)
- Introduction to nanoplasmonics – Niek van Hulst (ICFO)
- Nanofabrication and integration approaches towards Neuroplasmonics – Francesco de Angelis (Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia)
- Nanoplasmonics & single molecules using DNA origamis – Guillermo Acuña (Université de Fribourg)
- Plasmonic based fluorescence enhancement & FRET manipulation – Jerome Wenger (Fresnel Institute)
- Nanoplasmonics for ultra-sensitive detection & living cell applications – Maria Garcia-Parajo (ICFO)
The virtual training session was open to externals and attracted 50-60 additional participants from outside of the MUSIQ Network. We would like to thank Prof. Maria Garcia-Parajo from ICFO for organising this event and for the active participation from everyone who joined.