Since July 2018 Daniele Brida is Full Professor of Experimental
Condensed Matter Physics at the University of Luxembourg. Previously he
was Group leader at the Physics Department of University of Konstanz
(Germany) with a position funded by the prestigious Emmy Noether Program
of the DFG. He obtained his PhD in Physics at Politecnico di Milano
He is author of more than 80 scientific papers in renowned international journals of high impact factor (h-index 39) and author or coauthor of more than 200 proceedings presented at international conferences. In 2015 he was awarded with the Fresnel prize from the European Physical Society and in 2018 he received a prestigious ERC Consolidator Grant.
His research activities are the generation of ultrashort optical pulses in a broad spectrum of frequencies and their use to investigate ultrafast phenomena in condensed matter systems and nanostructures.
Daniele Brida will host ESR11 in his research group with a project that will target the plasmonic enhancement of light-matter coupling in the mid-IR for the investigation of coherent phenomena by multidimensional spectroscopy techniques.
- M. P. Fischer, A. Riede, K. Gallacher, J. Frigerio, G. Pellegrini, M. Ortolani, D. J. Paul, G. Isella, A. Leitenstorfer, P. Biagioni, and D. Brida, “Plasmonic mid-infrared third harmonic generation in germanium nanoantennas” Light: Science & Applications 7, 106 (2018).
- T. Rybka, M. Ludwig, M. Schmalz, V. Knittel, D. Brida, and A. Leitenstorfer, Sub-cycle optical phase control of nanotransport in the single-electron regime, Nature Photonics 10, 667–670 (2016).
- P. Storz, J. Tauch, M. Wunram, A. Leitenstorfer, D. Brida, “Parametric Amplification of Phase-Locked Few-Cycle Pulses and Ultraviolet Harmonics Generation in Solids at High RepetitionRate,” Laser Photonics Reviews 11, 1700062 (2017).
- M. P. Fischer, C. Schmidt, E. Sakat, J. Stock, A. Samarelli, J. Frigerio, M. Ortolani, D. J. Paul, G. Isella, A. Leitenstorfer, P. Biagioni, and D. Brida, Optical Activation of Germanium Plasmonic Antennas in the Mid Infrared, Phys. Rev. Lett. 117, 047401 (2016).
- C. Riek, C. Kocher, P. Zirak, C. Kölbl, P. Fimpel, A. Leitenstorfer, A. Zumbusch and D. Brida Stimulated Raman scattering microscopy by Nyquist modulation of a two-branch ultrafast fiber source, Opt. Lett. 41, 3731 (2016).